Why yes, yes of course 317 clicks fix the problem. If not, click 317 more.
Well, it has been awhile since I’ve actually blogged anything. So, here we go!
For a the past few days I’ve combating an issue upon upgrading to VMWare vSphere 5.0 – more specifically the Web Client (Server) install. After various upgrade issues, a ton of problems showed up which led to a fresh install. Post install, everything actually was working fine… except one thing: VMWare vSphere Profile-driven Storage Service, under Administration -> vCenter Server Status would show error cannot reach http://localhost/sps/health.xml with everything else green.
Check the logs on the vCenter server, vws.log shows:
Server returned HTTP response code 503 for URL: http://localhost/sps/health.xml
Restarts of entire server, services, etc were not fixing this. Started looking at config files to make changes… then it dawned on me. 503, it’s busy – meaning that port is in use, which it is and WORKING for the other services. So, rather then restarting ALL the services all at once… I restart JUST the “vSphere Web Client” and the error went away.
This tells me, that the vSphere Web Client service was trying to load at an odd time/before the web server was up.
Yes, I completely spaced maticulously hunting down an image to share on this rather epically fail of a day…
…it will be back next Monday!